The LifeStraw Mission 12 liter gravity-powered water purifier employing an award-winning technology that requires no chemicals, batteries or moving parts. The larger capacity of the Mission water purifier is ideal for providing clean water to multiple people, and is designed for camping, hunting, and other group or family activities, as well as disaster and emergency survival prep kits. The reservoir can be filled from nearby lakes, ponds, rivers, or streams and suspended from a tree or other sturdy support. Gravity moves water down the hose to the filter's advanced ultrafiltration membrane. Clean water exits through 0.02 micron pores in the walls of the hollow fibers, but bacteria, viruses, protozoa and other contaminants are trapped inside and are flushed out by backwashing. Compact, BPA-free roll bag reservoir features a wide mouth for easy filling with a convenient shoulder carrying strap for transport back to base camp or other group location. Includes drawstring stuff-sack for easy storage and portability. Includes four extra pre-filter screens for easy on-site maintenance. Available in 12 liter capacity. Weight: 15 oz (12L). For each LifeStraw purchased, one child in a developing community receives safe drinking water for an entire school year
The LifeStraw Mission high-capacity gravity-fed system purifies water to 0.02 micros making contaminated water safe to drink.
- Ideal for group camping, outdoor expeditions, adventure travel and for use in emergencies.
- Only gravity system on the market that removes viruses and can provide more than 4,700 gallons of clean water and has a flow rate of 9-12 liters per hour
- Removes 99.999999% of bacteria
- Removes 99.999% of microplastics
- Removes 99.999% of parasites
- Reduces organic chemical matter (pesticides, herbicides, VOCs)
- It also removes turbidity (slit, sand, cloudiness)
- Longevity/Lifetime: 18,000 liters (4,755 gallons)